6 Oct 2010

Come back!

Alright my darlings. How do you do?

I'm bringing this website once and again back to life. I'm afraid though I will be introducing some changes. The first, and most obvious one is that I'm swapping languages. Another change is that I'll try to post more frequently about my escapades in my lovely surroundings here in London town, maybe even with a bit of an artsy twist. I genuinely hope that both of my Icelandic readers won't be disappointed in these changes.

This serves multiple purposes though.
-Since I just started an arts uni program, and digital media is considered an art form (blog falls under the category of digital media, ergo it's an art form) I might as well enrich the never ending context that cyberspace has to offer with my perspective of things. It's art!

-Second, stating the obvious though, I'll be expected to hand in essays and coursework at uni (I know, crazy talk), so I will use these grounds trying to get proper grasp of getting my thoughts on a piece of paper in English.
So bear with me if I get something wrong. After all, I'm only one of them humans!

-Third, I'm supposed to do stuff and write a diary about it. I know, I felt a bit silly about it too. I decided to make it public so it's just awesome instead.

-And last but not least, I actually quite enjoy posting random stuff here every now and then.


Before I call quits for now, I'd like to express my jealousy towards those of you going to Iceland Airwaves. Honestly, I've been telling everyone how awesome this event is all around the world (pretty much in London though), all year long. And I'm not going. Wouldn't mind seeing the front line of the Icelandic music scene, which is pretty good at the moment I'd say plus awesome bands like Bombay Bicycle Club and other bands making there way over to my hometown to kick ass!

Cheerio, Hrefna Helgadóttir.

PS. Just made some changes on the layout as well. I think it looks quite nice actually.

No comments: